Thursday 31 January 2013

I am a Child of Piracy**


Note:  This post might have nothing to do with the title.So if you're here looking for arguments to use against software pirates or something,you're at the wrong place mate!
And this post has a lot of unnecessary rambling which I was too proud of to edit but you’re free to skip paragraphs any time you feel like it’s getting boring and you won’t be missing anything. But I'll love you if you do manage to read the whole thing...*insert cute smile* or at least my best impression of cute...which ain’t very cute actually!
On with it!


I've run out of ideas.
The problem is nothing, I repeat, nothing I come up with is original, and every single thing is copied inspired by something or someone else.
I'm tired of constantly waking up and rooting through thoughts, words, actions, newspapers, books, movies, YouTube videos and everything under the sun for something I can talk about.
I surprise myself at times.
I have these weird slow motion visions in my head a lot these days.
I’ll be doing something, and all of a sudden, everything slows down and becomes ultra minute and clear and I’ll have writery phrases pop into my head to describe those...
For example:
Walking home after college:
Looking at a girl with a pretty looking tan on her face...sun kissed.
Which makes me...sun f**ked.

Me...normally.Now you also stare...stare...stare.



I have a thing for beautiful people.
I’ll sometimes see this pretty person on a road or bus or train and I want to go up to them, tap their shoulder and tell them, “You know you’re gorgeous right?!” and in my head write a post describing them using Victorian phrases.

While making an omelette:
Eggs are the most forgiving things on earth because however badly you splatter them while pouring; they’ll always heal while cooking.
Didn't someone say there’s a lesson to be learnt in everything?

Heck even when I'm reading something for crying out loud:
I begin reading. Each word on the screen clamouring for my attention. Begin from the beginning. Milking each sentence for all it is worth.
I've never read this carefully before...sifting every sentence for layers or hidden meanings. Funny because I've never been a carefully-read kinda person.

You know you've hit rock bottom when you contemplate writing a blog-post on why you love the word ‘f**k’.
No kidding. This is how far I got:
Four letters. One syllable. This word has captured the imagination of everyone...and I love it.
I love the relief that comes with just yelling f**k...unparalleled. Except by maybe a few other cuss words. But I prefer this one. It’s pretty clear and unambiguous. And mostly everyone understands it.


See??
This can be irritating. Since every single time I have to quickly run and grab something to record this on or I lose the train of thought.
Or it could possibly be what is called 'Getting an Idea'.
Yeah, I know. Certified crazy I am.

Back to why I can’t think of anything to write.
Keeping with the ‘ I'm a copycat pirate’ title here’s an extract from Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.
She is the kind of author who would capture your imagination and keep it in a tin box next to her bed and you’d only be glad for that... didn't stretch that too far did I?



She shakes up a lot. I didn't know WHAT to think after reading this book. 

For several years, I had been bored. Not a whining, restless child’s boredom (although I was not above that) but a dense, blanketing malaise. It seemed to me that there was nothing new to be discovered ever again. Our society was utterly, ruinously derivative (although the word derivative as a criticism is itself derivative). We were the first human beings who would never see anything for the first time. We stare at the wonders of the world, dull-eyed, underwhelmed. Mona Lisa, the Pyramids, the Empire State Building. Jungle animals on attack, ancient icebergs collapsing, volcanoes erupting. I can’t recall a single amazing thing I have seen first-hand that I didn't immediately reference to a movie or TV show. A fucking commercial. You know the awful singsong of the blasé: Seeeen it. I've literally seen it all, and the worst thing, the thing that makes me want to blow my brains out, is: The second-hand experience is always better. The image is crisper, the view is keener, the camera angle and the soundtrack manipulate my emotions in a way reality can’t any more  I don’t know that we are actually human at this point, those of us who are like most of us, who grew up with TV and movies and now the Internet. If we are betrayed, we know the words to say; when a loved one dies, we know the words to say. If we want to play the stud or the smart-ass or the fool, we know the words to say. We are all working from the same dog-eared script.
It’s a very difficult era in which to be a person, just a real, actual person, instead of a collection of personality traits selected from an endless automat of characters.
And if all of us are play-acting, there can be no such thing as a soul mate, because we don’t have genuine souls.
It had gotten to the point where it seemed like nothing matters, because I'm not a real person and neither is anyone else.
I would have done anything to feel real again.

And the song I'm humming these days:
If you’re YouTube maniacs like I am, you might be familiar with the viral video called Numa Numa, this is the live version by O Zone(Yeah,they're a boy-band.What better way to get into the One Direction spirit of things!). And the language is Romanian, you’ll want to know after watching it.


P.S. And I know what you’re thinking right now...


That, dear reader, is what happens when my brain goes into overdrive...I start thinking too much and too little all at once.
And why did I subject you to that?
Well...I have no answer. Other than the oft-quoted Writer’s block...but hopefully you’ll be back next time for more craziness and not file a lawsuit against me...trust me to exaggerate.
Oh well!
Have a fantastic February! :)
Also today’s the two month birthday of my blog!
Let's Partayy!


**And the title's pirated too.From here!
See,I'm the piratingest pirate that ever lived...as long as my pirate is Johnny Depp or Orlando Bloom!:)
And I did get the results from those exams I mentioned somewhere before and let me just say the marks make me want to start a protest march against the board's correction system!


26 comments:

  1. See, the cute face really worked x) I read it through and through. And if you're really being honest about your cute face not being cute, then perhaps it terrified me into reading the entire thing. I donno. Take your pick.

    It was interesting. That paragraph you decided to share is really kind of creepy o.o I really don't know what to say. I relate to some of it, not so much to the others, but I understand the whole thing and it scares me... makes everything feel so superficial :/ Wow.

    But kudos to your randomness in thought processes ^_^ It's fun. Even if you just remember bits and pieces, stick it all together and make a post. I don't think posts have to be one completely coherent written piece... Fragments work. Ghadeer does it - albeit with different kinds of thoughts/snapshots - and she's amazing. I'm sure you can be too :D

    BADA BOOM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this post! As a blogger myself, I feel like everything creative and original has already been done.
    I think I'll read Gone Girl too. I was thinking about it but I didn't have that last little urge of motivation to pick it up and start reading. It seems like something that I embody and would enjoy reading ^^
    great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I did read it all but there's basically too much to get in to everything. My brain hurts. I think that even though we live in a world where there's not much originality left, there are still some traces of originality about. Even if we copy something, or we're inspired by something, as long as we write it on our style it becomes an original work. As long as we use our words, it doesn't matter where we learned them, it becomes something distinctly "us". Even if everything has been done before, we can do it again in our own style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just give yourself some time and you ll start writing, :)

    Also, i have an obsession of describing everything in my head in a Victorian style.

    Im gonna hit your blog and read that extract again. Read just a lil.

    Much Love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ran out of ideas? This post is one idea but can't be termed as an idea. May be it could be called Ideas, well, because of all the randomness( read :random ideas). :P I too ran out of ideas so I started Haiku, just for the little inspiration, I guess.

    Certified Crazy? *Looks at myself* Nah! I still am the craziest. Period.

    Randomness of the post. Nothing Compared to mine. But your post has a different flavor alltogether, which is nice and enjoyable. I mean, if we were to stick to one single topic, we would get just one conclusion. But randomness defies it all. Different stories, different endings, A different perspective - And the bottom line - Its still Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, that sounds more like a blessing to me. It seems like you can come up with novel-worthy descriptie sentences on pretty much anything, inspiration flies to you in fast-paced bursts with little time of nothing in between. You have so much material to work with! And even if it all seems a tad random, maybe you should just piece it together sometime, write a short slice-of-life story, and use the stuff that came to mind in your own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't be too hard on urself sweetheart- all of us- i mean all those who write- go through this exact same thing. Everything you said- and I DEFINETLY MEAN EVERYTHING by everything (including having a thing for pretty people, including girls) is true of me.. You have not hit a writer's block- in fact now you have established yourself as one.

    Lol, look at me rambling- like I won the noble for literature last year. But still I feel both of us are writer enough for each other- who cares now! Atleast we have one one admirer each lol Lovely post.. and last but not the least, Congratulations- u passed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl, this must one of the most random post ever and I read it all because I liked what I read :D You write what you feel like. Its after all your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read, I laughed, I loved! This was so amazing! I love the egg-healing quote, it's so awesome!
    Inspiration is totally random, and hilarious at times! I could totally relate to your post!
    People should know that they are beautiful. Everyone is but to be beautiful on the outside and inside and not knowing so is... well just sad!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that's another reason why I started so many projects. Give me more things to do and then talk about.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Laila, Terrifying yes!You make that sound appealing too!:)
    I wouldn't worry about becoming superficial, not if I were you, what with your crazily original family stories!
    And yeah I do know about Ghadeer's posts and I actually intended to write something similar but look how it ended up...oh well another time may be!:)
    KABOOM!
    @ Y.Ahn, Go go read girl!
    But be warned you will be surprised and don't leave the book around for anyone to pick up.
    And thanks!:)
    @ Mark, Aww poor brain!
    You do have a point about writing in one's own style, but that way we would all just be copying off someone else's work, and blogs would soon become a collection of remakes(think YouTube!).
    But "inspired" stuff will have to do for the time being!:)
    @ Ridx, Hopefully!
    I have company yay!
    Go get the book if you can.
    Love to you!:)
    @ Ajay, But you can write haiku and well at that...so I wouldn't call them things-I-write-when-I-run-out-of-ideas!
    And I have a certificate from the ministry of Madness...I RULE.No opposition!
    I have a sugar rush problem maybe without the sugar part!:)
    @ Fang, OMG that's exactly how I operate...but the problem is posts can't be two sentence ramblings...I suppose they could but No...maybe?!
    The slice of life story idea sounds good..hmm,maybe!
    Thanks for the lovely comment!:)
    @ Stu, I'm not re...I should be.I let myself off the hook for every stupid thing I do...spoilt me!
    You will win it I'm sure...maybe not the Peace Prize but one of the others maybe!
    And boy am I glad about having you as blog-buddy!:)
    @ Anisha, I'm glad you did,but my blog doesn't always feel like my own,I kinda share it with you guys,ya know...however mad that sounds!:)
    @ Momina, And I adore that first sentence!
    The egg quote was the one thing I thought topped the weird-things-in-my-post list but I'm so happy you of all people liked it!:)
    @ dWei, Good move!But filling up my schedule would leave me no time to write and too much to write about...but thanks!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i think it was Plato who said everything existing in this world is a copy of perfect piece elsewhere...
    so you see....

    just stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That worries me too sometimes but you know what? Think about how long this earth has been and how many billions of minds lived here. Probably NOTHING we think or write or say has never been thought of before. I don't know :/ And the second-hand experience really is better!

    (Also, currently blushing crimson-red because you and Laila over-estimate me!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. One day very soon you will be great writer/author/blogger :D Lol when run out of stuff to write, you write about the lamest day dream you had. It might not turn out to be all that lame when you write about it. If you have day dreams, then you dont have a writers block. You might write posts that you are not happy about which might make you day dream better but you will always have something to write about :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ deeps, It's always nice to have you here!And see I even copied Plato then!!
    @ Ghadeer, We don't...it's perfect estimation!
    And yeah,it leaves me depressed but then oh well,I might as well make it more difficult for other people by writing something that they're going to curse me for thinking of before!;)
    @ The Narcissist, The thing is,not everyone can turn these daydream-inspirations into hilarious posts like you...but life is strife and that ONE DAY might not be very far my friend.*strokes imaginary Gandalf-like beard*
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. *Taps you on the shoulder*
    Hey! know I'm a stranger, and I'm pretty sure you're familiar with the whole Stranger-Danger drill but, YOU KNOW YOU HAVE A GORGEOUS MIND, DON'T YOU? Actually I'm pretty sure you're beautiful inside out. And like Stuti Nag said,
    "You have not hit a writer's block- in fact now you have established yourself as one."
    *Walks away whistling*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're late Miss Stranger,I already have your Victorian essay ready!;)

      Delete
  17. Talitha! You've been tagged for an award!


    http://momina17.blogspot.com/2013/02/yay-ness.html
    Follow the link!^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wowie!
      Now ain't that awesome...I'll get down to it as soon as I can!:)

      Delete
  18. Hi There. I just wanted to tell you I nominated you for this thing here: http://weareallabigpartofit.blogspot.in/2013/02/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa!
      Good things come in spades,no?!
      I'll get back as soon as I can.:)

      Delete
  19. I had to laugh :D
    I read somewhere one can claim to have all original content only if they have a very forgetful mind. And I find that to be true to some extent. Be it movies, music, fiction, articles, columns, blogs, I usually come across similar content across multiple places. And most of these repetitions are unintentional, though in some cases like movies, its blatant copy of the scripts :)

    For writers to develop a style, it takes times and years of practice post which their writing skills evolve with some unique character particular to the them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And look at me,getting all worked up about having my very own writing style when I'm only a few months into writing!
      Oh well.You made a good point and I'll take the advice!
      Thank you!:)

      Delete
  20. Now this is super bad! I come here and what I find is you dealing with writers block.. Well good part is now I can stalk all the bloggers you mentioned in your post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...writer's block is sometimes a synonym for exam-overload but I'll be free soon.Hopefully.
      And yeah,Loved your blog...you'll see me there soon.:)

      Delete

Go on say it!
I'm all ears...